Cocolatte New Life Baby Stroller Review

Hi all,

My first review is going to be the Cocolatte New life stroller. When i first wanna buy this stroller i keep searching the net for the reviews but with little luck so i find it necessary to make one now. I gotta say this stroller makes my life easier. I owned a Stokke (which i inherited from Sis #1), Maclaren techno XLR (bought in Singapore based on my 2 sistas recommendation) and now Cocolatte. From all these strollers, my baby daughter likes Cocolatte the most. She most definitely dislike Maclaren, i have no idea why (though both my sisters said that Maclaren techno xlr is the best cause it can be used up to 5 years old). 


So the reasons why i bought this Cocolatte is no 1: CHEAP no 2: lightweight only 3.9 kg and lastly 3: i need a stroller to go travel overseas with. My family and I are going to Japan for Lebaran Holiday and before i bought this I was going to Singapore so why not, i thought. I was thinking, to travel, i need a light stroller that can recline back so baby daughter can sleep comfortably and also i live in Jakarta where the airport will slam down your luggages and strollers. Since this Cocolatte is cheap, who cares if it’s broken just buy another one :D. However, my trip to Singapore the Cocolatte stroller is still intact and in good condition with no scratches whatsoever maybe cos it’s so light, the porters don’t mind carrying them, HAHA. 

Anyway, when i first purchased this stroller i have my doubts. Where is this stroller from? How come i can only find this brand in Indonesia? Why so cheap? It definitely looks like Aprica…copycat? Is it safe? I did my research on the internet with very very little reviews and bloggers prefer Aprica (that is bout 2-3 times the price). I also went to Birds and Bees baby store in Puri mall and ask the saleslady where it’s from and she said “I think it’s made in China” and after looking at Cocolatte and Aprica side by side, honestly in my opinion, I see no difference but the price. Going with my instinct, i decided to buy the stroller. I didn’t buy at Birds and Bees if you are wondering, they sell it a little bit more expensive though i have their member so i got it online at www.sweetmomshop.com.

OK so let’s do the pros and cons of this stroller.

Pros:
1. CHEAP only Rp 1.525.000 
2. Lightweight only 3.9 kg
3. It can fold automatically with using 1 hand unless you’re left handed like my husband you need to close it with two.
4. It has reversible handle which is great if you have newborn who you wanna look at all the time.
5. It reclines to sleeping position so your baby can sleep comfortably.
6. Full cover hood with windows that can be open and close on the front and back for you to check on your sleeping baby.
7. It has bumper bar that can be open or close but not removed.

Cons:
1. The seat cannot be adjusted to an upright position and my baby loves sitting straight like on her Stokke.
2. When the stroller is in reverse position (baby facing you) it is a little hard to maneuver. I often accidentally tripped on the wheels or bumped my feet onto it. 



In summary, i believe this stroller is worth buying and so useful. I have been using it for about half a year now and we always travel with it even to the malls. Easy to carry, fit in any cars.There’s even one time where i had to put this stroller in the middle seat of the car in front of me cos the backseat is loaded with stuff and we really have to squeeze in. Hope this reviews help, below are the pictures of the stroller. 


Self standing when fold

This is the max upright sitting position
Full cover hood with windows
Reversible handle to the front


stroller wheels
All wheels have brakes on them


6 comments:

  1. Halo, this is coco latte new life up ya? Because i saw the lates new life doesnt have the full cover hood. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yang mba liat itu yang cuma new life bukan yang new life up

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great stroller - I love that there are so many seating options. I also love that it seems to get pretty small for storage. That's always a huge pain trying to store a double stroller. I'm going to recommend this one to a friend who's expecting her 2nd very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a two year old and twin babies...when I was researching what kind of stroller to buy for that set up your blog post came up. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve read anything like this before. So nice to find someone with some original thoughts on Baby Strollers. Really thank you for starting this up. This website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. Useful job for bringing something new to the internet!
    baby strollers help

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative..καροτσια για μωρα

    ReplyDelete

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me