Baby diapers review: My diaper's quest for the best


First of all to save you time if you're in a hurry, i'll give spoilers here on the diapers i recommend. It's Nepia and/or Merries Pants. Where i bought them? Scroll to the very end of this post. :)

When my baby daughter was born at RSPI Puri Indah on May 2013, she was given Mamypoko Newborn Tape diapers, so i continued buying Mamypoko for her.


Afterwards when she's about 1 month old i tried on Goon Supreme Pants given by my sister in law.




Compared to Mamypoko, it's like "langit dan bumi" heaven and earth, if i may exaggerate. Goon Supreme is so soft compared to Mamypoko and with pants i find it easier to wear on her. Thank you so much, sis in law! However, Jakarta doesn't carry Goon Supreme only the normal Goon which is in terms of quality is the same as Mamypoko.
Same picture different quality, i was fooled! 

I wanted to try Merries or Nepia for her but before i did, I asked my sistas opinion of course. Sis #1 used Pampers brand and Huggies 7th generation for her kids in Hong Kong and while travelling to Jakarta she bought Mamypoko Pants for them. She said the area where she stays at does not sell Mamypoko.

Sis #1 finds Pampers best as it doesn't leak during sleep

Sis #2 also used Pampers and Mamypoko for her kids. Sis #2 said that Mamypoko is an old brand, surely in diaper making they aced at it and make it better through times. Hmm.. Make sense (but no! I think she's wrong. Sorry Sis #2) So being a new mom and a clueless one on baby products, i decided to follow my sisters' footsteps and also i worked in advertising before handling Unicharm Brand who owns Charm Feminine Pad and Mamypoko. Those Japanese clients were really meticulous so i thought to myself, Mamypoko should be good.

I bought this Mamypoko Extra Soft Pants, it costs more than the normal Mamypoko.



I gotta say this diaper is good, it can fit a lot, easy to wear and i find it softer than the normal Mamypoko. However my baby had diaper rash and she sleeps sideways so sometimes it leaks, even if we just changed her. My BFF also told me when she use Mamypoko Pants Extra Soft the gels inside the diapers leaks. Ewww is it safe?? So my mother in law said why not buy the tape diapers, it might hold better since you can adjust the waist but for me once you go Pants you don't wanna go back.




From here, i tried Merries Pants



It's soft, softer than Mamypoko Extra soft fit. It is less bulky as it is thinner which also means it can't hold much pee or poo and it has the pee indicator. I like it on the first touch and the waistband is soft too. But from my sis-in-law's experience using Merries on her kids, it often leaks she said so i still used Mamypoko for night time and Merries day time.




That is until i tried Nepia.

This is actually the latest version of the diaper pants I have not tried

At first i was skeptical as my sisters and friends never use it, it's a new brand here in Jakarta and it's also expensive compared to your usual diapers and not all stores carry it. As i said, i tried it and i like it best of all diapers. It is as soft as Merries, thicker than Merries (holds more i believe), waistband wise i actually think Merries is better but it's good enough and most importantly, it NEVER leaks.



Until now, my daughter who is 1 year old, wears Nepia or Merries. Why not JUST stick to Nepia since i like it better? Well first of all, Nepia Big pants has changed to XL pants. They are the same just change of labelling and no indicator. Why Nepia, why?!

 

Second of all, my favourite baby online store, www.tororo.com doesn't stock up on the Nepia XL pants so instead i bought Merries XL pants with indicator and it's cheaper than Nepia.








But really, once your baby is 1 year old she doesn't pee that much and i toilet trained my baby since she's 6 months to poop on the toilet bowl so Merries Pants is good enough, no diaper rash so far and it's not tight on her.









If you're wondering, i did try Huggies brand too which i bought in Singapore during our travel at Cold Storage. I really really like the design and it has stars for pee indicator but it's not as soft as Merries or Nepia. My baby has rashes on her bums with it so bye bye Huggies, maybe some other time.















In summary, i suggest buying Nepia brand since newborn to 10 months and then u can switch to using Merries and/or Nepia Pants.


Here is the list where i buy my diapers at:

1. Www.tororo.com

2. Www.bilna.com

3. Pasar Pantai Indah Kapuk Baby shop ( i forgot the shop's name!)

Here's a review on baby online shops, hope this review helps.

Tweet




5 comments:

  1. Picking the right diaper brand for your child may be dubious. Discover more about what you ought to search for and about the best brands for expendable diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I am interested in buying goon supreme, but unfortunately it is not available in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good effort and its worth, if links are active and is regularly reviewed then certainly your blog is really worth. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. Regular size sanitary pads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a specific question or topic related to baby diapers or anything else, please provide more details so I can better assist you.
    Thanks for sharing wonderful information we had new diaper brand name Nubaby premium baby pants and diapers designed for toddlers are light and soft. Discover the ultimate in baby care with our premium diapers Nubaby diaper and pants

    ReplyDelete

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me