UPDATED: Printerous Review: create personalized arts from your Instagram photos

I shopped at Tororo few days ago, my order came and I got this voucher below: 



I actually saw the ad on the homepage of Tororo and also Bilna, but didn't bother to find out more. Upon receiving this voucher I also put it aside, but I googled it and did a quick browse on the web.. ooww photobooks, magnets, stickers, and canvas.. OK. Until tonight I visited the website again and gave it a try. 




Above is the pic of the Printerous homepage. At first I have no idea that they print from your Instagram account. They didn't say! Well actually they did if you scroll down below but I don't know that they mentioned until after I make the payment. HAHA. 

So you choose which one you want to make and i choose to make magnets as I had made Baby Steps with Hocus Focus Photography for my baby's 1st year. I clicked on the "Create your Magnets" button and they asked me to log in to my Instagram. I thought "Cool, signing up with Insta, usually it's Facebook" so I did and lo and behold, I just realized that I've to pick photos that are already on my Instagram. Duh! That's why they asked for Insta not FB. 

What an interestingly great idea, I thought to myself. Genius! Loved the idea, I don't know how they did in practical though haha. Below is the next step after logging in, you can choose how many magnets you want to make, there's 4 pcs, 9 pcs and 16 pcs. I chose 9 and once you're there choosing.. mannn hard to decide, seems like i want to print them all. LOL
The pictures are not blurry, I purposely blurred them :) Privacy, privacy.  



I find  that the scrolling is not so user friendly, kinda slow, when i want to go back to the latest photos i have to click several times to the left which seems to be taking forever, I hope Printerous can make it faster please. Why I said this? I was curious on that randomize button on what it does so after choosing the photos I wanted, clicked on Randomize and NOOOOOOOOOO.. all photos are random! Obviously! Silly me. So I have to go back again and choose.. haiz, what a waste of time. 

OK, so I'm all set, time to fill in my shipping info and payment method like so:










I choose bank transfer, I tried the paying with credit cards and they used Paypal service which means I have to pay in US dollars. Who knows what's the rate going to be. I might pay more so I changed my mind and do bank transfer instead. Image below pops up:

Oh yeah, I used  the voucher so i got Rp 50.000 off. After I transferred I checked my email and you have to click on the Confirm my payment and confirmed it on their website. All done and now I just have to wait for the goods to arrive.
Printerous have Instagram account to follow and on that it does say Printerous Turn your Instagram photos into personalised art: Photo Books, Canvas, Magnets & Stickers http://www.printerous.com

I'll let you know more when I got it. This is it for now.  


My goods had arrived and here's the verdict:

printerous review
Here they are! This photo is edited on Instagram
Honestly, I didn't expect much for Rp70.000 goods. Print quality is OK, nothing special but not bad either. My mother in law said that it is so dark which it is. If you see the 3rd picture on the top right above, my father in law's face and my daughter's are so blackened. I'm not sure if it's the filter on Instagram or the printing. That was not an issue for me, maybe my photo quality was low too. My problem with these magnets are the way it crooks when i placed it on the fridge. If you see crooked pictures on the photo above, I DID NOT PURPOSELY tilt it. I think the magnets are not evenly distributed or something on some photo magnets. When I first paste one on the fridge, it spins. I have to adjust it to look straight. My fridge kinda concave but I tried on straight front fridge and they still spins. Also, on the package, they said that if I submit the photo magnets picture on Instagram with @printerous and #printerous on the caption they will email me a 25% off voucher for my next purchase which I have not received. It has only been 2 days though, so I am still waiting......



1 comments:

  1. Love the review - very informative. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me