Kikugawa Traditional Japanese Restaurant at Cikini

I went to husband's office to help out last week and we were looking for restaurants around Cikini area for lunch and I thought of Kikugawa. At first I can't remember the restaurant's name and googled Japanese resto Cikini and Kikugawa appeared on Jakarta Post's website. I had been to Kikugawa before but I can't recall the directions so we used Google Map and though it was not so accurate it helped. 

So here's the place below. It's a small and cozy place, kinda old fashioned. I think the parking space can fit only about 5 cars? Well it's located inside a one-way alley (di dalam gang) so can't fit much. 


Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Kikugawa's entrance
Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant 

Mind your head! If you are above 165 cm. The entrance is very short :) 

Interior with Japanese pictures on the wooden wall
Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Here's the menu cover

 

Above are the menus, as you can see they are not pricey, well for me it isn't for a Japanese resto. 
I ordered the Ume set and the Kikugawa Set A. FYI, you will dine with traditional japanese music playing.

Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Ume set 
Ume Set as you can see is very fulfilling. You will definitely be very full and satisfied after. Sukiyaki's good, sweet and I find the noodle texture very very interesting. Yakitori is okay, good enough. Sashimi is excellent, fresh and good. Sushi is a little warm.. Tempura is okay too. For Rp 99.000, this is a feast.

Kikugawa Japanese Restaurant
Kikugawa Set A: Chicken Teriyaki and Gindara Teriyaki Set
My husband ordered Kikugawa Set A and I find the chicken and gindara teriyaki so-so. Nothing special. My husband does not like gindara, he should have ordered the Set B to try the beef teriyaki. 
Previously when I had lunch there I ordered Salmon teriyaki set and I like it. 


Lastly for dessert, I ordered matcha ice cream which I do not like. It's not like the usual matcha I had. The watermelon they gave it free. 

Below is the female toilet. Although old fashioned, it is clean and not smelly.


The directions: I got there from Menteng Huis (behind me was Tugu Tani), Cikini Raya. Just go straight and past 5asec laundry building (on your left) and the alley numbers are in order so you won't get lost. Look out for Cikini 4 on your right and there is where the restaurant is located. Make a right turn and drive a little slowly so you won't miss the resto. 

Conclusion: interesting place to go, traditional Japanese resto. Great value for lunch & dinner. Cozy place to hang, date or lunch with colleagues.

Address:
Jl Cikini IV No. 13, Cikini, Central Jakarta, 
Ph: 021 - 3150668.

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. 
Dinner : 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me