Indonesia's Presidential Election and Quick Count 9 July 2014

Today, Indonesians voted. I was so excited this morning to use my right as a citizen to vote for my choice of Indonesia's future president. I felt that one count made a difference in the total counts. My parents slept earlier last night, so they both could wake up early in the morning to give their votes among the early risers. My girls woke up in the morning and to my surprise, they turned on the TV inside their room. This was something unusual, as they usually turned on their electronic gadgets and started to look at their Instagram or YouTube. This time, it's not cartoon or TV drama that they put their eyes on, but news channel.

However, my excitement started to diminish once the voting was closed and the surveyors institutes started to give their result. My disappointment was not because the president I voted lost, but because of the news channels in Jakarta. I couldn't get a fair review or objective news on the TV. Each channel would side to one of the presidential candidates.

If I turned on to MetroTV channel, it would broadcast news about how number 2 candidate has won the election and it'd show the survey as followed and some negative news about the other candidate.

Source: Metro TV news

But, if I were to turn on TvOne channel, it would broadcast totally different election result and again some negative news about candidate number 2.
Source: TV One news

It applies the same to other private TV channels. They would side one of the candidates. I give up. This is definitely not right. I've only seen this happened in Indonesia so far. I refuse to watch INDONESIA TV channels until 22nd July where the Election committee comes out with the official counts. Till then, I better lay my eyes on CNBC Asia or Channel News Asia for my daily asia news.

Let the true winner prevails and may God bless Indonesia.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me