ErgoBaby Carrier Review

ergobaby carrier






I got this carrier because I find my BabyBjorn carrier too bulky, hard to bring around and I was afraid Bella will be much heavier on our Lebaran trip . My friend came over about a month ago and she was using ErgoBaby carrier to carry her son to sleep and also to breastfeed. I asked her how is it and she said it's good and she showed me how to use it, where to buy and etc. 






So here goes, I'll pay it forward:


waist buckleFirst you strap on this belt buckle. 






On the left is how you prepare the carrier before carrying your baby on your front.


 Then you carry your baby facing you, hold your baby with one hand while the other hand bring the carrier towards you and your baby






Afterwards put on both the shoulder pads and buckle. You can tighten or loosen the carrier by pulling on the straps that were dangling. Yep ErgoBaby Carrier kinda looked messy compared to BabyBjorn but much lighter as it's only cotton with no lumbar support.

It also comes with a pocket to keep the hood that covers your baby while she is sleeping or breastfeeding. Or maybe your phone?




Here is how it looks like with the hood up, covering the teddy bear's big head with no problem.



















Below is pictures of carrying baby with piggyback style.





The same way of wearing, just the other way and it's a little harder to do so especially if your baby is active and can't keep still. You might need someone to help you at first. 

I don't feel as secure carrying my daughter on my back as I do on my front. However, by carrying your baby on your back you can do more things as there are no obstructions on the front. 

So BabyBjorn or ErgoBaby? I like both, i find both has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Pros:

Ergobaby recommends a weight limit of 20kg for its carrier; however, the carrier has been tested up to 40 kg. Our carrier will accommodate you as long as you would like to carry and/or your baby would like to be carried.

  • Light & comfortable to wear
  • The shoulder padding is great for  your shoulders
  • Easy and quick to put on, less steps than BabyBjorn
  • Can be hand washed easily
  • You can side carry your baby or hip carry

Cons:

  • Need a newborn insert to carry baby under 6 months old whereas BabyBjorn does not.

Here's the link to their website: ErgoBaby

Here's an update: How to hip carry with Ergo Baby:


Honestly with this revelation, I now pro Ergobaby than my other carriers. Haha actually not a revelation, my friend mentioned to me before, I just forgot. However, I still prefer front carry position as it does not put all the pressure on only one of my shoulders. Weights are distributed evenly and my baby will always sleep peacefully and nicely being carried on my front. Another plus point of hip carry is my nanny likes it, she can carry my baby without having to keep adjusting a normal traditional baby sling wrap a.k.a cukin or kain gendongan, though i find my baby's legs position is kind of uneven. So there you go, hope this review helps. 

Oh and one more thing. When not in use I can bundle it up and clip on the buckle from the other end to another and carry it like a bag. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me