Best cooking sites online according to my Asian tastebuds


Cooking...it's a love and hate relationship. Some just love cooking. Some doesn't even want to visit the kitchen. And for me, I don't love it but I have no choice or i'll starve to death and my kids will only eat unhealthy junk or msg-choked food.

So when googling for recipes in the int‎ernet, I only look for easy, simple, healthy, yet delicious food.
Here are some of the sites that I have tried and the results taste good despite my incapabilities at cooking.

sistasreview blogpost
  • Just one cookbook, easy Japanese recipe
    I love the simplicity of the recipe and they taste good and healthy for my kids too.
    Loves: Chicken meatballs, spicy miso chicken, grilled mackerel (I sometimes substitute with salmon), green tea smoothies.

sistasreview blogpost
  • The food canon, a priest who loves cooking, mostly chinese and some malay food.
    Loves: Steamed "kampung" chicken in ginger sauce, Rice wine & ginger chicken claypot rice, steaming fish


  • Korean bapsang
    This Korean mom's home cooking recipe has the simplest recipe for cooking Korean food. Loves: Korean radish soup (muguk), slow cooker galbijim (braised short ribs), LA galbi gui (grilled LA-style short ribs)


This is for the western and mediterranean food that I sometimes fancy.
Loves: poached chicken and vegetable soup, chicken in milk (I substitute the sage with bay leaves and it makes my whole house smell wonderful during cooking), classic tomato spaghetti.
I tried many other sites, but those four I like the most as their recipes turn out yummy and tasty as their pictures on the sites (or I am too inexperienced hesitant cook).

Happy cooking



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me