Maleficent Movie - No Spoiler Review

Just watched Maleficent the Movie due to my Sis #2's review : Maleficent The Movie Review
and I just have to make another one just to compare since everyone has their own perspective just like the movie.

I gotta say the movie is a little boring.. ("Booooooooooo!!" I imagined some people would say to me) but sorry that's just how I feel. I caught myself yawning from time to time. Not cos I'm sleepy, I'd taken a nap with my baby daughter in the afternoon (which is awesome!).

Anyway, Angelina Jolie's portrayal as Maleficent is just magnifique, I'm not her fan but I love her in this movie. Just in case you're wondering how to pronounce Maleficent it's Mah-Leh-Fee-Cent.
Here's a video:


I wish I had her wings and I don't mind her being my Fairy Godmother, HAHA! 3D wise, hmm.. not baddd.. but if you compare it to Godzilla of course Maleficent is nothing but story wise I would prefer Maleficent to Godzilla 100 times. Maybe cause I'm female? I pro Disney's princesses, fairytales, fairies and magic compared to Godzilla. But really I strongly believe Godzilla sucks! Sorry Godzilla's fans.

After watching this movie, I felt like Disney is trying to promote feminism. This movie is not about boy meets girl love story and so does the movie Frozen. In the movie Frozen, SPOILER ALERT for FROZEN if you haven't watched, avert your eyes to the next paragraph. it is all about sisterly love, which is the true love. In this movie, I'm not going to tell, you'll have to watch it.

My husband said that this movie is for little kids, so girly. However I got to say I don't think girls will like it. It's quite dark and some girls might say it's scary. I can already imagine my nieces and lil sis-in-law telling me "ooohh it's scary!" "She closed her eyes most of the time!" and so on.

I like the moral of the story, it's educative and i like how the ending  turns out. A twist from the original. But really I got to wonder aloud "If she is so powerful, why don't she just make a new pair of wings?"

In summary, I say watch this on DVD with your girlfriends or daughters. It'll be more worth it but if you want to feel the magic then watch it at the cinemas. :D Cheers.

I will give this movie 7 out of 10 loves ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Here's the movie trailer:





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me