Nasal Spray for Babies Review

Does your baby seems to have lot of boogers or in Bahasa "upil"? Well my baby does.. must be of this Jakarta's pollution, dust and dirt everywhere.



To clean her nose I used to use cotton buds, a very small tiny ones but then again after chatting with Sis #2's sis-in-law, she told me that her paediatrician said that sticking cotton buds up to babies nose are no good. Yeah I actually think so too when I see my nanny tried to get her boogers out of her nose while she struggled and wriggled. Fuuh.. dangerous.. Why no good? If I don't mistakenly remember, she said you might push the booger inwards and cause those tiny blood vessels to pop which of course resulted in bad things like sinus problem, nosebleed and more boogers.

So what do we do to remove those ewwy things? Nasal Spray.

Here's what she recommends :

Breathy, you can buy it at any local pharmacies. It's cheap, though I can't remember the price. To use, you put one - two drops on each of your baby's nostrils and then the boogers will come out by itself after a while. Sometimes when it doesn't you need to put on a few more drops or when it's already on the very edge of the nostrils, I use cotton bud.

Mind you, it sounds EASY, in practice I have to have my nanny hold my baby's head to stop her from shaking and my maid hold her arms and legs while i try to put on the drops on her. My baby is very strong so sometimes we still failed LOL.

I also got this Sinomarin Nasal Spray from Singapore's paediatrician at Mount E.

This is easier cos weirdly enough she likes it HAHA. She doesn't mind her nose being sprayed. To use this you just have to place the bottle between your index and middle fingers, point it to the nostrils and push to spray.

I myself tried both and prefers the Sinomarin as drops is just too weird for me but I'm not sure if they sell it here. Do tell me if they do please on the comments below.

These are useful too when your baby is having runny nose, it helps with her breathing.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me