Electrocautery Procedure Review by Sis#2


Skin perfection! All women and even men nowadays are looking for skin perfection. In my quest to that, I recently went for a procedure called electrocautery. The name seems very medical, but it is actually a procedure to remove unwanted or harmful tissue. The things that I wanted to remove for the longest time is the many milia on my face. In Bahasa, it’s called jerawat batu.  It had been on my faces for ages and I can’t just remove it by doing facial or a simple needle poking.


So, I dared myself to make an appointment on Friday afternoon at Fin’s Skin Care & Body Slimming. I chose this place as it’s nearby from where I live. Dr. Finy told me that she would rather called my milia, skin tag since it has same nature, which is difficult to remove unless you use the cautery machine.  At first, she applied tropical anesthetic cream on my milia generously and used the cling wrap to cover it. She said the cling wrap is useful for better absorption. I had to wait for 45 minutes for the cream to work. Did it really work? Well, I experienced one spot on my upper cheek that was still painful during the procedure. So dr. Finny applied more cream on that spot while doing procedure on others. How did it feel? It was basically painless, but on the forehead, you felt like someone drilled your skull. Any pain afterward? I felt none, but at night when I washed my face, some parts were a bit sore. Dr. Finy told me that my face should look fine after 3 days, well it was not the case. I went to the malls on Saturday and Sunday, looking like someone who was having chickenpox . First day, it was red dots all over the burn, on third and fourth day; you can see the scab on the spots. I’d say that you could walk normally to the mall without others looking at you weirdly in 7 days after the procedure.

Would I recommend this procedure? Definitely, but bear in mind you need to be as shameless as me to walk in the public after the procedure.  If you need to know the cost of the procedure, feel free to email me. As John Legend sang it in “All of ME”, I quoted “I love your perfect imperfection,” Do I? may be not so much.


The Place in Charge:
Fin’s Skin Care & Body Slimming
PIK Centro Metro Broadway
Blok A no. 5
Phone: (021)30010254/30010264
Dr. Finny Leonardi, dipl. CIBTAC (Anti Aging & Aesthetic)



For those of you who want to know more on what is Electrocautery, here is the definition i got from http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-electrocautery.htm:

Electrocautery is a surgical technique that involves introducing high frequency current to a specific area of the body in order to remove unwanted tissue, seal off blood vessels, or to create a surgical incision. Many surgeons use this instruments, under the belief that this technique is cleaner, safer, and more efficient than many of the alternatives. Anyone who has watched a medical drama has probably seen electrocautery in action.

The instrument used to perform these procedures is also known as an electrocautery. It uses a very high frequency, usually upwards of 100 kHz, to ensure that the patient's nerves and muscles are not stimulated. Lower frequencies could cause twitching and cramps, which would be a serious problem. Depending on the voltage used, the tool can have varying effects on the patient's body.

Electrocautery can be used to cut through soft tissue to access a surgical site, and it can also be used to seal off bleeding blood vessels during surgery to keep the site clean and reduce blood loss. It is also used in ablation, or removal of things like warts, suspected skin cancers, and so forth.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About Me